A new 10 week evening course at the Sewing Shed Stroud focusing on dressmaking.
This course is designed for anyone that wants to start dressmaking with little or no experience, or simply want to enjoy the art of sewing and creating! We do ask that you have used a sewing machine before and have basic sewing skills. If you haven't got basic sewing skills yet please sign up for our 10 week sewing for beginners course as it is not suitable for compleet beginners in sewing.
We will cover the following :
- How to follow a paper pattern, learning about the pattern markings and what they mean.
- Following a plan and cutting out your fabric correctly.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size.
- Tweaking fitting issues.
- Understanding dressmaking terminology.
- Suitable seam finishes for different fabrics.
- We will be using a pattern with sizing 6 - 18
At the Sewing Shed Stroud we work in small groups so there is plenty of time to ask questions, receive hands on guidance and tuition.
When: Wednesday 29 September until 15 December ( halfterm break at 27 October & 3 November)
Where: Sewing Shed Stroud
Time: 7pm - 9pm
Interested?...For any questions please get in touch by email.